I actually have a very vivid memory of me and my best friend sitting on the phone together standing at the door of our homes directly across from one another debating on whether or not we wanted to put the phone down and run outside in the rain for five seconds and run back in. The cue word was always go. Ready, set, GO......and for just a moment we cared about no one or nothing whatever was on our minds was no longer, if anyone had been watching then, oh well.
I wish I could be able to have that moment again. When I have kids I will be sure to encourage them to step out into the rain with no worries, and just enjoy the moment.
Okay, so don't laugh, but I still walk around in the rain sometimes. lol. It really is sort of soothing. I don't always like doing it, but there are those days when I don't care about my hair getting wet or even my clothes. I just walk, think, and listen to my music. The bible says that we are to be childlike ( I don't know this verbatim, but I know that something along the lines is in there). It is for this reason that I don't feel bad that I have these childlike ways about me. Not childishness because I think that I am pretty mature (most of the time..lol), but something like an innocence. So, I say, if you feel like it walk in the rain sometime. I promise you won't be sorry. :o) Just because we grow up does not mean that we should give up all of the things that made us happy along the way. After all, a lot of those things are still very much apart of the people that we are today.
ReplyDeleteP.S. This little girl in the picture is so cute! :o)
ReplyDeleteI do remember when life was so simple...someday i wish I could go back just for a few......
ReplyDeletethanks for sharing and making me smile!
cheers